Excursion destinations in the region
Excursion tips for your vacation in Salzburger Land
If you are not exploring the Hohe Tauern National Park by bike or hiking and have already stolen enough gold from panning for gold, the region has a lot more to offer.
A multitude of exciting and varied excursion destinations will definitely not make your summer vacation with us boring!
Our excursion tips for your vacation in the Rauris Valley:
Also known as “The Valley of Pilgrims and Muleteers”: Muleteers once laboriously hauled salt, gold and other treasures across the Hohe Tauern to the Seidlwinkl Valley. The Rauriser Tauernhaus was once a rest stop for the muleteers, now you can enjoy homemade food and good things from our own farm here and at other alpine summer huts throughout the valley. The annual Glockner pilgrimage leads through the Seidlwinkl Valley on June 28. In the summer months, the valley bus runs from Rauris to Seidlwinkltal, which is only open to public transport as far as the Fleckweide parking lot.
The valley extends to the Großglockner High Alpine Road.
The Kitzlochklamm is a beautiful and impressive gorge in our alpine region. The unique natural spectacle with numerous idyllic bays, towering craggy rock faces, an impressive hermitage and the spectacular bridge make the gorge a special kind of excursion pleasure for the whole family.
Here you can watch deer, roe deer and ibex in the beautifully landscaped alpine game reserve.
There you can enjoy the wonderful view of the mighty 3,000m Sonnblick, Schareck and Hocharn in an untouched nature.
The Barbara waterfall, the national park museum “Zimmererhütte” and the excellent valley head hosts make your day in Kolm Saigurn perfect.
This natural rockfall forest with over 80 small ponds and lakes is a gift for you
unforgettable insights into the past of the alpine vegetation.
You will experience the when you walk along the “Wastlalm” and “Karalm” flower trails
extraordinary wealth of flowers and herbs in the Rauris Valley.
Here you can watch the otherwise shy owls and birds of prey in front of the imposing
Let the backdrop of the Hohe Tauern National Park bewitch you.
You can discover the spring paradise just 30 minutes’ walk from the Bodenhaus in the rear Rauris Hüttwinkltal.
The small circular route that starts at the Rauriser UrQuell leads you to numerous waterfalls, pools and drinking water fountains.
The Rauris Literature Days take place annually.
Details about the program and much more information can be found on the homepage of the Rauris Literature Days
Experience the culture and history of the Rauris Valley in 16 lovingly staged showrooms.
Outside of that, we have some special ones here
interesting excursion destinations put together for you:
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road : Discover and experience the most spectacular alpine road in Austria.
- Krimml waterfalls : Austria’s only natural monument with a European diploma – the highest waterfall in Europe with a total drop of over 300 m.
- Kaprun dam power plant : The dam and the High mountain reservoirs are an exciting destination that promises breathtaking views to its visitors.
- Eisriesenwelt Werfen : Visit the largest ice cave on our planet earth and witness a unique natural spectacle.
- Mittersill National Park Center : Experience the natural spectacle with its unique flora and fauna as well as myths and fairy tales in the national park center.
- Mozart city of Salzburg : A city full of culture, sights and a unique attitude to life.
- Liechtenstein Gorge : One of the most beautiful, deepest and longest gorges in the Alps.
- Zell am See : The mountain town of Zell am See is only 30 kilometers from Rauris, with a wonderful mountain backdrop and unique charm.
- Hallein Salt Mine : One of the oldest show mines in the world is located south of the city of Salzburg, above the picturesque town of Hallein on the Dürrnberg
- Hohenwerfen Fortress : With the 900 year old fortified castle you can expect a diverse and glamorous sight with a great variety of entertainment and offers. Has already served as a backdrop for many international film and series productions.